And here it is... The thought system.
(26 files, 47kb) (now we're talking!)
+ Added the Thought system from Noisen.com/Wedge.org into Wedge. Oh yes. Needs a lot of work though, as it only barely works for now. (install.sql, Ajax.php, Load.php, Profile-View.php, Subs-Members.php, index.template.php, Profile.template.php, index.language.php, Profile.language.php, script.js)
+ Added a 'data' field to the members table, that will hold a serialized array of variables that are only used by the current user. Added updateMyData() function which will cater for it. (install.php, install.sql, wedge_api.php, Load.php, Register.php, Subs-Members.php, Subs.php)
+ Added silent support for specific categories when populating the JumpTo object. I use that on Noisen, but I doubt it'll be of any use to anyone else... But never say never. (Ajax.php)
- Removed default_personal_text, which never made sense to me anyway. It probably had some use, for some people... Not for us. (install.sql, wedge_api.php, upgrade.sql, ManageMemberOptions.php, Subs-Members.php, Help.language.php, ManageSettings.language.php)
* personal_text is now parsed for BBCode. To preserve performance, this is being done when writing said text. We could possibly force reparsing when doing changes to the BBCode but right now it seems all right for me to do it this way. I have a feeling this is going to come back and bite my ass... (Ajax.php, Load.php)
* Reordering classes in the main script file, so that they follow each other. (script.js)
* $context['user'] should hold more references to $user_info, instead of copies. (Load.php)
* Minor optimizations/layout changes/bug fixes/HTML5 tags not worth documenting. (Class-DB.php, Subs.php, Display.template.php, PersonalMessage.template.php, Post.language.php)
@ Note: Pete, the keys in the thoughts table probably need some fine-tuning... Also, many things are not implemented yet: re-tweeting thoughts (if we ever do that), importing tweets (same, obviously), properly re-attributing master/parent IDs when deleting members or thoughts, etc. We should also consider whether to delete the dummy 'data'=>'' definitions and really, *all* dummy empty strings when registering a member or things like that... Fields all have a default setting, no point in setting them IMO!