This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
and coincidentally... under your name is vbgamer45. :niark:
Hey, I just had a look at the team page... It looks like my name is back in the Friends list :P
I wasn't even told :lol:Posted: August 24th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Also, Kat seems to be back in the team...? And in the Doc team, apparently?!
This post in my opinion is honest and professional. At least we know that there is a roadmap to check, see and wait.
Okay, if you want a release schedule...
Two things to remember:
- This is MY own, personal, release schedule. I'm a big boy and I can set my own goals aside from Pete's. However, if Pete's work on Wedge is NOT finished, then it will be postponed. Same on my side, obviously.
- The dates are tentative. I'm not promising anything anyway. Just consider them as milestones that I set for myself as a goal in order to get myself back to work. I need concrete time frames to get to work. For instance, I originally worked on Wedge with the intent of releasing it on the week SMF2 came out -- but they took so long to actually do that, that we both decided to just go ahead and add more features that would originally have been in Wedge 2.0. As a result, we slipped past their own release date. Which doesn't bother me, really. As long as I have a schedule, I don't care about the release date.
So... In order of tentative release:
- Screenshots -- hopefully before the end of the month. I'm only waiting to get a relatively stable version of my new font overhaul...
- Demo site -- hopefully in July. We will release this when we consider the visual aspects are good enough and need a wider use to determine bugs to fix.
- Private alpha for our friends -- hopefully in August. September at the latest. Will depend on whether we can finish our current features on time.
- Public alpha for everyone (v0.1-0.5?) -- A week or two after that. During the alpha development, we may still add more 'big' features that were either forgotten/postponed from the early feature list (the one that's public now, see?), or simply that we came up with during the alpha.
- Public beta for everyone (v0.6-0.9?) -- Depends on the state of the alpha version. Hopefully before the end of the year. At this point we're not going to 'feature-freeze' Wedge, but we won't add any more 'big' features.
- Public gold release (v1.0) -- Depends on the state of the beta version. Hopefully before the end of the year. 2011. We don't really have a 'set' date for the gold release if only because our plan is to enable anyone running the beta to be able to update without any work on their side. So, basically, what you should be looking forward to is a beta release.
In the SMF terminology, I guess their 'betas' are our 'alphas'.
I can't conceive a beta without a prior alpha. Bêta in French means "silly". So it sounds silly to me :P
We have seen what capabilities you guys have so even we wait for so long... is worth.