I don't know if it was the accent or something, but it did sound odd in the first few scenes... Then after a while, I surprisingly liked it. It sounded realistic -- i.e. a normal human being speaking, rather than a killing machine or whatever crap... In fact, thinking about it, Bruce Wayne has a more ridiculous voice than he does, because he chooses to use it!
Of course, I was kinda helped by the subtitles. (They were French, I tend to hate French subs these days and prefer to rely on English subs and handle the translation by myself) I was saying -- with subs, you can automatically read them if you don't understand what he just said. There was even a Conan O'Brien emphasizing the lack of clarity in his speeches... (I saw that one online.)
Ending isn't what's best in the movie I'd say. Or at least, if they wanted to have a 'shock ending', they totally failed, at least for me.
- Miranda Tate: see above.
- Robin: seriously? That was a given since the guy's very first scene... A bright young orphan/policeman, knows Bruce's identity, has ideals, does an excellent job as a sidekick...? It was so obvious. And it became even more blatant when Batman said, "if you're going to fight crime, you should wear a mask"... Okay, duh!
- Bruce's death scene: sure, sure... The movie tag says "The Legend Ends". Every article mentions the fact that Nolan wanted a clear conclusion. Where else could you have killed Batman? It was *so* frigging expected. What I was hoping for, was a passing of the mantle scene, rather than a death scene. Got both actually... (Or was it a V for Vendetta rip-off? I'm not so sure.)
- The dream scene at the end: well, we did see Bruce in his cockpit a few seconds before the explosion. Unless there's a badly made ellipse (i.e. close-up on his face, then ellipse implying he has time to escape, then close-up on the counter), there's no reason to believe he survives.
- Having a nuke explode a few miles away from Gotham... So very smart. Instead of instant death for millions of people, it'll be a slow and painful death due to the fallout.
- I watched The Avengers a few days before going to the TDKR. The endings were the same. Playboy billionaire sacrifices own life by taking a nuke away from the city, and thus proves he's a real hero, and gets a statue. Yay. Thankfully, it's probably just a huge coincidence that the two major blockbusters of 2012 have the same ending. As I said months ago, I don't expect Steven Moffat to have stolen Steins;Gate's ending for Doctor Who 6x13, even though the 'clever trick' is exactly the same shit in both...
And yes, I did love TDKR. My 4th favorite Batman movie -- after Mask of the Phantasm, Dark Knight, and Under the Red Hood (in that order).