Public area => The Pub => Features => Topic started by: Nao on June 6th, 2014, 01:23 PM
I'd like to gather here all feedback regarding Weaving:
- Your opinions about the "back to the roots" redesign.
- Any bugs you might encounter.
- Any suggestions to improve it in any way you see fit, without removing the 'bare' aspect.
To participate, just switch to the Weaving skin, of course... :P
I'll start: hey Nao, why didn't you also remove alternate colors from posts...?!
My answer: okay, give me a break man! You, out of all people! I'm not trying to make the forum look bad. For now I'll just start with tests on non-topic pages, then we'll see about topic pages a bit later. Okay?
Hey, what a change :)
For me Weaving is a little too bright. And there are some styling points I'm missing. Of cause, it'll be minimalistic, but I miss the speech bubbles :)
Also the headings are a bit oversized. But I like the background :)
Um, before the colors were more softer and had a colorful look. Now it looks too bright..? Orange borders next to headings.. To outstaning for these soft colors? To big headings..? :unsure: And... it seems to be missing something. -_-
I don't want to be offensive here, it's just how I feel it. In my opinion forum should have a professional, neutral soft look. No annoying buttons, colors, texts. Everything compact and easy to access.
I like how wine and wuthering themes look. Colors, borders.. Thought they could need some adjustment in some places as well. Wine is very sexy (But why is panel on left? :whistle:) Wuthering is using good color combination, but needs to get rid of text, just like other ones.. It's to disturbing.
Since switching skin the site seems really really fast. Is that the skin or something else?
Weaving hurts my eyes :wow:
I like the more airy feel of Weaving, but I would prefer a slight tweak. I find it difficult to separate the different boards/topics in the forum view. This is "fixed" in the other skins, by alternating the background color on every second item in the list. Without this, it gets a bit difficult for me to read through at a glance, and I therefore prefer the other skins.
Nao, > Weavings your BEST effort save the following. > Hope I don't offend.
1. The Main - Level Up Your Forum Logo. > I feel this is where things tend to look ordinary, a serious revisit is what's needed. Something tending toward the more bold/striking.
2. Colourings neat, though have to concur with others on Sub Headers being oversized.
3. Am opposed to rounded corners on homepage and avatars. _ Old fashioned for mine.
4. Use of pale background with full width header bands in place of gradient. viz. > http://themeforest.net/item/erosion-responsive-blog-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/7799797 for blog and matching forum> http://www.idesign360.com/community/ Here' s another https://vbulletin.com although they're forum itself appears to be rather tired in appearance.
5. Advanced parameters in search bar not displaying correctly. Takes some effort to get it to appear and in some instances band becomes minimized or very narrow. Am using Win8 with IE10